Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Luck of No. 4

So, most of yall know I went to take my big RD exam on Monday. I've been studying 4 a while but really started to have a breakdown around Sat/Sunday. I was so overwhelmed with all the information I was accountable 4. I started thinking that maybe I should postpone my test 4 a few more days to get more studying in. But in the end, I just wanted to get the darn thing over with. I should have had some clue from the very beginning when I called to make the appointment to take the test, and my confirmation number had 3 4's in it.
At the testing facility I locked my purse in locker #4, just 4 safe keeping. Then the testing lady assigned me to computer # (you guessed it) 4. At this point I thought I had it in the bag. Then a mental argument broke out where one part of me was saying that I must be crazy to think the number 4 has anything to do with my ability to pass this test. And the other part of me kept saying it's got to be a great sign that all these 4's were coming together. I guess it was a trifecta of 4's. How can that be denied?
But all joking aside, I really know that it's by the grace of God that I passed this test. I did study and prepared the best I knew how, but I know that He gave me the peace and clarity of mind to make good, educated guesses on questions I had no clue about. So, PTL!!! (praise the Lord, as Mrs. Walker would say, or "crazy lady walk-walk" as Kryssi Theadford so lovingly called her)

the Nutrition Queen,
Dayle Miller, RD

No comments: